The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports postdoctoral researchers in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
To request an appointment, please submit an appointment request. If this is an urgent issue or you need other information, please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs directly at [email protected]
- Cooley Center Update – To remain open until early 2024. See here for full announcement.
- 7th Annual Symposium - Excellence in Diversity - Thursday, December 14, 2023 and Friday, December 15, 2023 . See here for more information.
- New! Mobile Credentialing available to SOM postdocs. See here for more information.
- Hold the date! The next Advanced K-Award Grant Writing virtual workshop is scheduled for December 13th. For more information and to register, see here.
- Professional Development and Career Office listing of events for December 2023.
- Overview and Reference Guide to 2023-2024 Benefits for JHU Postdocs. The new JHU Health Insurance Enrollment and Waiver Website is now open.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- JHU Provost Office Announces Call for Postdoc Nominations for 2024 Bouchet Graduate Honor Society. Deadline is January 16th, 2024. For more information about eligibility and applications, see here
- Burroughs Wellcome Postdoctoral Diversity Enrichment Career Development Award. Application deadline January 18, 2024. For information
- JHU Provost Office listing of postdoc funding opportunities can be found here .
- New! The Office of Research Administration will now accept grant applications where Postdoctoral Researchers serve in the role of Principal Investigator when eligibility criteria are met. For more information see here.
- Fulbright Scholars Program announces availability of Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards. Information about the funding opportunities, eligibility and application instructions.
- New from NSF: Comprehensive post of funding opportunities and resources for postdocs and grad students called NSF: 101 Graduate and Postdoctoral Researcher Funding Opportunities.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at [email protected].
Didhiti Mukherjee, Ph.D., Department of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Mukherjee received an R21 grant for 3 years from the NIH. The award is an early career research (ECR) R21 and is funded by the National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
Zinia Mohanta, Ph.D., Department of Radiology and Radiological Science
Dr. Mohanta was awarded the 2023 Career Impact Award from the JHU PHutures Office. The award recognizes individuals in the University community whose selfless contributions play a pivotal role in fostering growth and empowerment for both the institution and society at large.
Joscelyn Mejias, Ph.D., Department of Ophthalmology
Dr. Mejias was awarded the 2023 L’Oreal USA - For Women in Science (FWIS) Fellowship program. L’Oreal grants awards annually to five female postdoctoral scientists to support their research endeavors.
Dr. Feinaj will be presenting his work on Peripheral blood cell counts as biomarkers of clinical benefit in patients with metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma receiving immune checkpoint inhibitor combination therapies at the ASCO Genitourinary Cancers Symposium, San Francisco, CA, January 2024.
Need Career Counseling? The Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) offers assistance with CV reviews, interviewing strategies, job applications, and more. Appointments are made through handshake.
Dana Boatman, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Ed Hsu, M.D.
Director of Postdoctoral Advising
Cassie Klein, M.B.A.
Administrator, Graduate Medical Education & Postdoctoral Programs
Sr. Administrative Coordinator, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Marquita Genies, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Postdoctoral Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Senior Credentialing Specialist, Office of the Registrar
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196